Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
No oil pressure after sitting overnight in cold

Thread: No oil pressure after sitting overnight in cold

No oil pressure after sitting overnight in cold

Can't quite figure this out. I drove the Jeep yesterday (2+ year old rebuilt 360 with , new timing cover, new pump and plunger spring ~9K on all of it) Oil pressure was 30-35 at 60-75 mph and dropped down to 10-20 at idle. Parked it last night, woke up this morning and started it with no oil pressure. Let it run for a couple of minutes and still no pressure on electric gauge. It did this last year, but I changed the filter, oil, plunger & spring and op sender and it seemed to solve it last year (or it got warmer I don't remember) Any ideas? Is something getting in the oil to sludge it up or freeze it? It is 10w-30 Mobil 1.

Also, my hot oil pressure keeps dropping. Does that mean worn rod bearings?

Thanks in advance...I think

First I would dump the electric oil gauge and get a good mechanical one.
    I would worry with 30-35 psi @ 60-75 mph then again your reading from a not so good gauge.
    You said you “Let it run for a couple of minutes and still no pressure on electric gauge.” Did you hear lifter noise or heavy knocking? If not it may be the gauge.
    Sludge with Mobil 1 I though it was to stop that? And if some thing got in the oil pull dip stick and look. I say do the first line and get back to us.
    Dave ----
    75 GremlinX v8 64k
    76 GremlinX i6 (15yr sons)
    70 Javelin MD 390/4sp (360 now)
    70 Javelin 1/4 Drag car 360/auto best time 12.88...best speed 103.64 mph...best 60' 1.835 no tuning

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Check to see if the wire fell off the sending unit.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Wire is still on the sender - good connection there. Oil topped off and looked fine yesterday. There is some lifter noise (also a exhaust leak) and possibly a knock, but my flexplate is also due to be changed I believe too. I didn't have much time to check this morning before work.

I am going to put a tee in and run a mechanical gauge this weekend.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    pressure bypass might have stuck open causing no pressure