Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Ok time to sign up and guess the horsepower on the dyno
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok time to sign up and guess the horsepower on the dyno

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head

Ok time to sign up and guess the horsepower on the dyno

As you all may know or not know my 401 is damn near ready for the dyno. I've scheduled two weeks of dyno time on the weeks of Nov 6 and November 13 of 2006 (about a month away). I have my best guess of what this 4 year project will make for the final numbers, but I was interested on what you guys think this thing will make.
    Pertinent info
    1976 401 AMC out of a waggy.
    Bored .020 over
    Decked .010
    Block deburred, align bored on Bridgeport
    Drilled main bearing oiling holes.
    Main bearing stud girdle, 2 bolt mains with arp studs.
    Oil valley oil line, (should be good for at least 50 HP right there )
    Custom designed Je Pistons 7.75-1 compression, speed pro rings.

Carillo rods, bushed for a .990 pin, oil hole, full float pins with spirol locks.
    Crankshaft cross drilled, standard size.
    Clevite bearings.
    Isky 5300 blower cam, hydraulic lifters.
    Rollmaster timing set. Set 4 degrees retarded.
    Around .540 lift.
    Heads have 2.080 intake, 1.780 valves, 5 angle valve job,valves unshrouded to gasket, ports equally ported to same size using the Bridgeport. Chambers cleaned and re machined using the Bridgeport,polished, 64.4 CC on every chamber. Studs, 7000 RPM springs, 1.6 ratio rockers. Core wires removed. Bronze valve guides with .343 valve stems. Exhaust ports all machine ported.
    Intake custom made single plane blower manifold, port matched to heads using the bridgeport.
    6-71 GMC blower, toleranced to .005" clearance 3% underdriven, (about 8-10 PSI boost.
    Dyers blower drive custom designed by me.
    16 100 Lb fuel injectors at the intake to the blower, Fast ECM, BDS Bugcather. Vertex Magneto gutted acting as only as a dizzy with a phasable rotor..but with pressure lubed shaft and bearings.
    MSD 6AL Cap box driving a MSD Blaster coil, Crane fireball flying magnet crank pickup. (crank sensor)
    Aeromotive 1000 gal per hour fuel pump. -12 (3/4 inch fuel feed line split into two -8 (1/2 inch fuel feed to manifold) -8 return to tank.
    Custom by me, 1 7/8 headers. Kit by Headers by ED( I would have rather had 2 inch headers but 2 inch tube is too hard to Siamese on the inside ports.
    Stand alone 400 HP shot of Nitrous.
    Full accessory drive, Alternator, PS, A/C
    Head studs.
    Custom by me 12 quart dual pick up Milodon sump.
    An lastly ( I'm sure I forget a few other things[old age])
    Bulltear timing cover and gears, 534 bypass adapter, -12 (3/4 inch) oil feed lines, duel oil filters.
    Crank and all rotating parts balanced like the Nascar guys do, I have been sworn to secrecy on the balancing. ( Seriously) You ever see a used Nascar crank on Ebay? They are destroyed not sold. This balace job would have cost 10 k for anyone else. (Hint bananced in 2 planes)
    Mondello steel flywheel, that expensive Aussy vibration dampner.
    Alright now post your best guesses,
    About the Dyno and the tuner, 20 yrs as Team Jaguar Head mechanic,builds only high end foreign engines, Mercedes, Ferrari, Porsche. Super something Dyno, his right hand man is a young tuner genious kid, complete with earing and funny way he wears his hat.
    Kiwi Engineering is the company name located in Old Saybrook Connecticut.
    I had to pull alot of favors to get this guy to do the tuning, ( he hates Nitrous) and has a 3 yr backlog. plus he's English.
    Oh yea all this on pump gas, race fuel on weekends.
    Ok ask questions, flame, or just sit back in wonder.
    Jeff

1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

4 digits.
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Moment of truth buddy!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Im thinking a Gob o power, but what I want to see is the look on your face at WOT with a full shot of nitrous on the Dyno..I bet ya Squeal like a girl and wet yerself!! (Ok I know I would ..)
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    I'm thinking somewhere in the early 4 digits
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Just don't run it in the mud!!! And I'm with Brek, low 4 digits ...
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    Hey, we have the same color of water pump pulley

I can only guess...but I'm with Goose on the wetting part.

I ran mine on the dyno and you hear things you don't normaly hear. And then someone else is running the throttle besides.
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

Quote Originally Posted by jeep_man_401
    Hey, we have the same color of water pump pulley

I can only guess...but I'm with Goose on the wetting part.

I ran mine on the dyno and you hear things you don't normaly hear. And then someone else is running the throttle besides.
    Well the parts are changing color, the pulley is now black just like original that was just yellow Zinc Chromate primer

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Moment of truth buddy!
    Yea maybe I'll poop my pants with excitement, or cry like a baby if we make 35 grand worth of schrapnel.

Jeff

BTW this is what 6 grand worth of pistons and connecting rods looks like, not impressive huh? Especially when you never get to see them with the pan on.

Jeff