Bulltear Ad
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Ok time to sign up and guess the horsepower on the dyno

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by 1980_Cj7
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown7
    No, no regrets other than that.

The H20 pump didn't seize, The cam bolt walked out and thru the timing cover into the pump impellor. So a little welding to the timing cover is in order as well as getting the coolant moisture out of the engine.
    Then back on schedule tuning.

Jeff
    What do you think caused that, and what are your plans to prevent reoccurrance?
    Not using Loctite caused it ....using it will cure it. I ALWAYS Loctite mine.

Thank you from BT Ultra tech

Loctite

Ditto on the Loctite, I use it wherever there is a bolt going into a rotating/moving item - better safe than sorry!!!

Note that items doused with RED Loctite MUST be heated thoroughly, like with a propane or MAP gas torch, to come loose.

The RED is called "stud & bearing mount". Anybody ever use it on the back of a bearing shell? I suppose you would have to use it quite sparingly so as not to have any squish out & get on the journal or into the oiling groove.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Yep didn't Locktite it.
    Have to also check the length to make sure it didn't bottom.
    I did tighten it to TSM torque spec.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)