Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Ok time to sign up and guess the horsepower on the dyno - Page 18
Bulltear Ad
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Ok time to sign up and guess the horsepower on the dyno

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Damn!!! I printed a couple of your pics for the guys at work and forgot them on the f*(&^ printer
    DAMN!!
    Look its Pat after the last 70 hours and before he had those 30 minutes at home to take a shower.
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    so there's about

--> 700 HP and 700 LB/FT right, in that nieghborhood ?

from an AMC V-8 with iron heads, 93 octane, and a blower ?

I don't know man that's kinda weak .............. ( kidding )

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    UPDATE....
    The engines still on the dyno, chatted with Greg yesterday he's still trying to get some more HP out of it and get it perfectly tuned.
    He went to start it yesterday it started easy but the damn Carquest H2O pump was seized up soild.
    He's got to change out the water pump now before he can go on.
    But the end of this thread and the final numbers are still to be written......
    At this point the bill is about 2800 dollars for the dyno.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown7
    UPDATE....
    But the end of this thread and the final numbers are still to be written......

Jeff

Damn!!!!
    And I thought it was bad when the check-engine light came on in the Hemi and I was quoted, "... it'll be around $1000"

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Damn!!! Whered that F@<|>*^% Service adviser go
    DAMN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty
    Look its Pat after the last 70 hours and before he had those 30 minutes at home to take a shower.
    Its630AMI'malreadyatworkandonmythirdcupofcoffeeand willrundowntotheshipinaminutetogetadonut.Thenmaybe runamarathon
    andbebackforthe9AMmeetingand10AMphoneconference,an dinmysparetimebakeacake,makesomecookies,
    andgetthecontractorsbackoutheretofixsomefiberconne ctions.
    (transmit time 10 Nanoseconds)
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    huh
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Its 630 AM I'm already at work and on my third cup of coffee and will run down to the ship in a minute to get a donut. Then maybe run a marathon
    and be back for the 9 AM meeting and 10 AM phone conference, and in my spare time bake a cake,make some cookies,
    and get the contractors back out here to fix some fiber connections

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz401
    Its 630 AM I'm already at work and on my third cup of coffee and will run down to the ship in a minute to get a donut. Then maybe run a marathon
    and be back for the 9 AM meeting and 10 AM phone conference, and in my spare time bake a cake,make some cookies,
    and get the contractors back out here to fix some fiber connections
    Methinks you better spike your coffee with some of your racing fuel, ha, ha. Merry Christmas Fuzz!

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    You HAVE to be getting close to having put enough into this 401 to have bought an all aluminum Indy 512 inch, 840HP crate engine ($22k). Any regrets (other than the heads)???
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    No, no regrets other than that.

I feel pretty respectable getting close to 700 HP on pump gas, on a 30 yr old engine, I learned alot, ECM is not a mystery anymore. Neither is sourcing internals and figuring what needs to be done to make serious horsepower.
    For 3 grand more I can probably get way past the 814HP number if I want to.
    The next engine probably will be a Indy engine.

There is nothing that comes close to the sound of a blower engine on boost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grown men weep, women and children are scared.

Just a update.........
    The H20 pump didn't seize, The cam bolt walked out and thru the timing cover into the pump impellor. So a little welding to the timing cover is in order as well as getting the coolant moisture out of the engine.
    Then back on schedule tuning.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Quote Originally Posted by Blown7
    No, no regrets other than that.

The H20 pump didn't seize, The cam bolt walked out and thru the timing cover into the pump impellor. So a little welding to the timing cover is in order as well as getting the coolant moisture out of the engine.
    Then back on schedule tuning.

Jeff
    What do you think caused that, and what are your plans to prevent reoccurrance?