Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ok time to sign up and guess the horsepower on the dyno - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok time to sign up and guess the horsepower on the dyno

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    you gonna go to the moon with that thing. i'd say close to 1500

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    Maybe you'd like to put that monster in my wood hauler...with some slicks you MIGHT me able to get some traction...

Then again, it just might flip all the way over
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

I sure hope you've got enough bottom end to hold all that. I think with that budget I might have sprung for a custom Callies crank (~$2400) and some Pro-Gram main caps.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Quote Originally Posted by tarior
    I sure hope you've got enough bottom end to hold all that. I think with that budget I might have sprung for a custom Callies crank (~$2400) and some Pro-Gram main caps.
    No. Stock crank, studs, and a stud girdle.
    Why? Can't a stock crank take 100 HP per journal?
    Splayd caps breed their own problems.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

I think you're going to be making quite a bit more than 500 hp.
    I personally would be a little afraid of making 1200-1500 hp on the stock bottom end of anything, even a BBC or Hemi.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Well Jeff, I sure hope you have better luck than we did, partner. (And I thought we had a lot of time and money invested!) We're still waiting to hear something from the machine shop, by the way, that's why we've been quiet lately.

My guess is 1111 HP. You ought to start a pool, and whoever guesses closest wins a prize. What are you putting that monster in? You might have said already, but if you did, I forgot. Can't wait to hear what yours puts out! You ought to make an audio file of it for us too.

I know the feeling, that first startup is scary. You go over a million things in your mind trying to make sure you didn't forget anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 1980_Cj7
    What are you putting that monster in? You might have said already, but if you did, I forgot.
    I think he's planning on putting it in a CJ7!

Quote Originally Posted by rustyfloors
    Quote Originally Posted by 1980_Cj7
    What are you putting that monster in? You might have said already, but if you did, I forgot.
    I think he's planning on putting it in a CJ7!

Yea baby!! X2 Probably the dumbiest thing anybody's ever done
    Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Quote Originally Posted by tarior
    I think you're going to be making quite a bit more than 500 hp.
    I personally would be a little afraid of making 1200-1500 hp on the stock bottom end of anything, even a BBC or Hemi.
    To be honest me too. I'm not too concerned under 5000 RPM it's that last 1500 RPM and the go fast juice that I'm concerned about. There is a pic or movie from the 1960's or 70's of a Hemi powered car at the drags leaving the line and you can see the crankshaft still attached to whats left of the mains hitting the pavement under the car while it is still turning.

Jeff

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Jeff, are you going to get video of it on the dyno? I would like to try to make it down there when you test it, but I don't think i will be able to get off work

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source