Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Ok time to sign up and guess the horsepower on the dyno - Page 3
Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok time to sign up and guess the horsepower on the dyno

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Heh Heh.. I want video of the first time he hits the loud pedal..split screen, a close up of his face and a shot of the CJ.. Americas funniest for sure! You do realize you are building the equivalent of all those wild scary fuel alterds right?? I saw a hemi powered cj7 a few years back.. and it was pretty exciting. the guy did this thing, put it in 4wheel and nail it on pavement.. it would jump right over one of those concrete parking blocks..(It would also twist the drive shaft off about every 4 times.)

Still without adventureous souls like you the rest of us wouldn't be able to define the words.. excess...or overkill or may even holySh1TE!!! looka that! Go for it!
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown7
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyfloors
    Quote Originally Posted by 1980_Cj7
    What are you putting that monster in? You might have said already, but if you did, I forgot.
    I think he's planning on putting it in a CJ7!

Yea baby!! X2 Probably the dumbiest thing anybody's ever done
    Jeff
    Well, I think you'll have enuff power to spin those stickers off the tires anyhow, ha, ha.

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    With such big valve overlap, huge carb, open plenum intake, and excessive dynamic compression trying to run on pump gas, I'd be surprised if it idled reliably below 900-1000rpm and would predict that the actual torque curve would be much more narrow and much lower output than indicated at the bottom end. In fact, I would predict that power would be almost unusable below 3000rpm and that it would need a 3500 or higher stall converter if an auto tranny was used.

Hey Goose...LOVE the new icons!!!

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Quote Originally Posted by pyagid
    Jeff, are you going to get video of it on the dyno? I would like to try to make it down there when you test it, but I don't think i will be able to get off work

-Paul
    Gonna see if I can borrow or buy one of those CD video cameras. I would like to document alot of the setup and runs. Also to watch the laptop reprogramming so I can do it without having to run down to Kiwi every week till I'm proficient on changing the fuel maps. The whole idea of the ECU is program 1 for DD thru program 4 for Monson Hillclimb. Or Englishtown.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by tarior
    I sure hope you've got enough bottom end to hold all that. I think with that budget I might have sprung for a custom Callies crank (~$2400) and some Pro-Gram main caps.
    I have a stock reworked crank with cast caps and good rods and mine dynoed at 1162 hp with Nitrous and I run it between 7,000 and 8,000 rpm every pass .
    so far no problems....

Hers a pic of the stud girdle.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

I LIKE the stud girdle, I've been saying forever that that is what the AMC V-8 needs, especially 343-360's. Where did you get yours? One of the other members was talking about having some of these made, but I haven't heard anything about it in some time.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    At least 50 horse Jeff.....50 at least
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    shoot!.. that oughta be worth 75 hp at least..!!
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by tarior
    I LIKE the stud girdle, I've been saying forever that that is what the AMC V-8 needs, especially 343-360's. Where did you get yours? One of the other members was talking about having some of these made, but I haven't heard anything about it in some time.

I got it from a Larry Keoman from the AMC Forum. He has some kind of automotive machine shop. I have the addy at the hanger I'll get it today. He charged me 165 dollars because I used my own studs.I was going to make my own but for that price I couldn't even turn my Bridgeport on. You just have to either grind or machine off the cap numbers and the casting flash on the top of the caps. I then took a surface gage and dial indicator off the oil pan attach surface at the block and made sure all the bolt attach areas at the caps where parallel and flat and on the same plane.

Jeff