Thread: hydraulic winch

hydraulic winch

has anyone try-ed an hydraulic winch? I need one for one of my well drills.to pull the tower up.

jerry

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I have one off of an old well pulling rig that used to be on a 1ton dodge chasis, the tubing in the tower was all rusting/spliting, I think the winch is about the only part I saved. I think it's a smeal, I think that's what it says on it.
    parting several FSJ'S

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    A buddy has a Mile-marker hyd on his truck. When driven from the PS pump, it was so slow it was unbearable. He added a separate hydraulic pump and reservoir, and it is at least livable.

We all had a good laugh a couple of years ago when he drown his engine in a deep water hole. The "let's see you winch yourself out now" thing.

The good thing is they can run all day without overheating or wearing down the battery. Draw is only about 2 amps for a solenoid. Fluid does heat up, but with a few gallon reservoir it's managable.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

I been . looking at mile-marker and warn. we put in a gage on the line and it takes 3500 Lb. to left the tower.

jerry

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    something for lifting a tower shouldnt be a problem with hydraulic. The issue with on something like a jeep is if you stall/ breakdown you cant winch. Yea with an electric you will drain the battery pretty fast doin that but can still get yourself out. But on a drilling rig i wouldnt think you would have that issue.