Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Weird Whine
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Weird Whine

Thank you from BT Ultra tech

Weird Whine

Hey,

Was driving to work this morning when a loud started, the tranny, was shifting erratically from 2nd to 3rd gears... while only happens when the RPM is up and wondering if any of you guys have had this problem...

Worried the whine might be the engine but can't quite nail it down

-Dave
    2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 W/Injen SRI, Prothane Race Inserts, Autometer 30/30 Boost Gauge, & AGP Wastegate She's pushin' 19lbs of Boost.

1976 CJ7/304 W/Edelbrock intake & 600CFM Carb/Q-Track (Part Time Conversion)/TH400/Painless Wiring Harness/HEI Dist.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Check that fluid Dave
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Plan to after work... just was killing me this morning I was a Quart low on oil... no leaks must be burning some up. Ah well, I'll check the trans level at lunch and get back to you.

-Dave
    2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 W/Injen SRI, Prothane Race Inserts, Autometer 30/30 Boost Gauge, & AGP Wastegate She's pushin' 19lbs of Boost.

1976 CJ7/304 W/Edelbrock intake & 600CFM Carb/Q-Track (Part Time Conversion)/TH400/Painless Wiring Harness/HEI Dist.

Update:

Okay tranny fluid is full, Oil is full, but I found the source of the whine... the trans is the source of the whine, its SOUNDS like its near the bell housing so I'm thinking it could be the TC but I also saw a good amount of particulate matter in the fluid so I'm taking it to a reputable tranny shop here in town and they are going to do a diagnostic on it and let me know if anything other than a good flush is later today.

Part of me hopes its nothing serious, the other half of me hopes it needs a rebuild since its a great excuse to drop my transfer case and rebuild it while the tranny is out

Will post the results.

Yup was the tranny, already in the shop for a rebuild (Trans died on the way TO the shop)

-Dave