Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
F#@$$ing Tranny Shop

Thread: F#@$$ing Tranny Shop

Thank you from BT Ultra tech

F#@$$ing Tranny Shop

Okay,

Got my heep back from the tranny shop, turns out I blew up everything hydraulic inside as well as the clutches and torque converter.. fun fun. They found the what they think the reason is.. a rusted vacuum modulator which was stuck open, and since I have low vacuum (17") it forced the trans into "safe" mode which ended up raising the fluid pressure and blew every seal and all that shit inside.

Now I get it back today, I have no balls, no acceleration, but smooth shifting, I call and ask and they say its from the adjustable modulator, they have it adjusted to soft shift because of the low vacuum, but then they go back on that and say they can adjust it a little tighter so I can have a little more acceleration.. which is it? Can't or Can.

Gets better, they say they didn't pull the engine but now all of a sudden my jeep has 40 ground issues it didn't before, my headlights don't work (which sucks balls since I do a lot of night driving.. thank god for accessory lighting) and now I have no reverse lights. My engine has a miss (well no shit it has the stock 1976 ignition module and distributor) and they don't know where the vacuum leak is.. well I have 4 vacuum lines, one to the Break booster, one to the tranny, one to the Q-Track, and one to the vacuum advance. No others, and non of them are leaking so where is my low vacuum coming from, they are talking leak down testing and compression tests.. shit I knew I should have just gotten a junk yard TH400 and run it.

God Damnit

-Dave
    2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 W/Injen SRI, Prothane Race Inserts, Autometer 30/30 Boost Gauge, & AGP Wastegate She's pushin' 19lbs of Boost.

1976 CJ7/304 W/Edelbrock intake & 600CFM Carb/Q-Track (Part Time Conversion)/TH400/Painless Wiring Harness/HEI Dist.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I have low vacuum (17")
    thats good vacuum mine only has 8" at idle

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    8" is good...I get 5" at idle

They make an adjustable vac. modulator that might work for you. That is what my tranny guy put on my th400. The only problem I have is it jumps between 2 and 3rd at around 30mph. He said he could change the governer springs and fix it. But I haven't got in there yet.

I can't see how that low vac. would force the tranny into a "safe mode" that raises the internal pressure great enough to blow the seals. Not much of a "safe mode" I would say.

Concidering that when you step on the gas the vac. drops to zero and the th400 dosen't blow all the seals in a "safe Mode" I think they are giving you a run around.

Second opions never hurt...
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??