Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Roller rocker info
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roller rocker info

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar

Roller rocker info

Rocker stud to valve

Chevy small block 1.363"
    Ford small block 1.455"
    AMC V8 "same as ford small block"

Theoretically you can use a Chevy roller rocker set however you must start with the roller tip in the middle of the valve when the valve is closed (if your building you can start slightly past (+0.03, -0.00)
    This means if you are using a bridged type head with a 5/16" hole you must tap the hole first and set the rocker in and take material off the boss accordingly to enable correct geometry. (You do not want the roller tip in contact with the retainer, you will drop a valve. Ford small block and AMC share the same rocker length and measurements however some mfg's like to make a thick bottom on the rocker and the AMC stud may require clearancing on the bottom of the rocker if they are the thicker type. Here are Harland sharp rockers, notice the relief They are the exact same rocker but the relief is cut into them for the AMC stud. It is possible to run these but a new stud must be used to get the correct valve goeometry.

[COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    I'm running the Harland Sharp 1.7:1 (with 7/16" Studs) Roller Rockers with the relief cut in the bottom side... No complaints yet.... Sounds like a sewing machine at idle but it's worth the performance.

I went out and looked at mine and I'm certain that mine are a lot wider than the ones you posted.. what is the ratio of the ones you posted? 1.6:1? If so, then the 1.7:1 are a lot bigger in width... A lot bigger!!

Yes that is a pic of the Harlands for AMC 1.6 ratio IIRC
    [COLOR=#000000]

What do you guys sell those, (1.6:1) for?

I think they are $160 or just under
    [COLOR=#000000]

Dang man.. that's pretty good!.. I got my 1.7's for that price... I snatched them up when I could.

If AMC uses 1.6 as stock then what do the 1.7 fit?
    Or are they made to fit AMC at the 1.7 ratio?
    Would like to know if you where to run the 1.7’s I know you get more lift how does this effect performance with every thing else staying the same?
    Dave ----
    75 GremlinX v8 64k
    76 GremlinX i6 (15yr sons)
    70 Javelin MD 390/4sp (360 now)
    70 Javelin 1/4 Drag car 360/auto best time 12.88...best speed 103.64 mph...best 60' 1.835 no tuning

From what I read.. if you were to take a stock engine and change the rockers etc to 1.7:1... you'll obviously get more lift, more flow and it's said that you'll get more lower end torque.. If you google there is a chart of flow rates and it shows rockers used... You'll know when you click on it... it has a blue background and computer like numbers letters (it looks like it was downloaded straight from a computer honestly).
    I'm sure there are plenty here that can say for sure or not what it does or doesn't do...

Here is site that will be of some help.. it's about Mustangs but it pretty much covers the basis with some decent figures etc... there is 3 pages to read... http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...arm/index.html
    I went with the 1.7 keeping my valve lift at a moderate .520... Which in my mind seems to do pretty good with the 360 and the various other goodies inside and outside of the motor..