Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
oil tube help

Thread: oil tube help

oil tube help

castro here i am about to go drilling for oil is ther any thing i need to khow before i install the oil tube under the intake on my 360 help me out here thanks

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Well to tap it deep enough you will need to grind off the first....4 or so threads of your tap if your tapping a 3/8-npt. Take your time with it and you will get it right. Run the tap in as far asn you can get it and check your fittings then make sure you have about 3.5 threads.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Make sure that when you run the fittings in that they don't extend too far into the oil passages, especially the lifter side. You can get the fitting in too deep and block oil flow, creating more of a problem than helping.

The engine is out and apart? Don't do this unless you can clean the engine block thoroughly afterward. You will end up with metal shards everywhere. Pay extra attention to cleaning the lifter passage and #4 & 5 main passages.

I drilled and tapped mine before it went to the machine shop. They tanked it after their work, when I got it home, I washed it down with a power washer and detergent, and used engine brushes on all the passages. Then I hit it with compressed air and a quick mist of wd-40 to prevent rust.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

My recommendation is to not do it at all.

In my opinion it helps nothing and causes other problems like poor valley pan fit.
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"