Thread: Engine mounts

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum

Engine mounts

Ok i have a 74 CJ5 i currently have the I6. I am going to do a swap to a 360. My question is which motor mounts do i need. Ive been told i need the passenger side frame mount and the engine side mounts for a CJ now being that i have a 74 do i need v8 mounts specific to the pre 76 jeeps or will 76 mounts work. Im either going to do factory style or use more offroad bombproof mounts. So my question is specifically what do need there.
    And then if anyone has anything for sale just pm me, but this post isnt really a wanted ad.

Thanks
    Pat Foley

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    The CJ V-8 mounts are the same from 72-86. If you go factory, you need everything from the frame to the block on the passenger (right) side, but just the rubber and engine side on the driver side, the piece on the frame is the same for both engines on the left. The metal bracket that bolts to the engine is CJ specific, Wagoneer mounts aren't tall enough.

I have the M.O.R.E bombproof mounts on my CJ. I think it's the only way to go. I broke more than one factory mount while rock crawling.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    thats exatly what i like to hear. im stuck between stock and the more ones. Im on kind a tight budget so i just need to see what i can come up with
    thanks again
    pat