Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
ok theoretical question

Thread: ok theoretical question

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!

ok theoretical question

IF I were to replace the push rods rockers and bridges..would there be any gain by using the fancy shmancy bulltear "small hole" pieces (since I am not replacing the cam bearings or lifters.) ?? (I have a couple that are worn and clicking..)
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Yes
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I'm a propenent of reduced oil flow to the top if you are running high rpm's on a regular basis (over 4500-5000), with the following caviat; Oil through the valvetrain is also used to cool the valve springs, so be carefull that you do not restrict oil flow too much if you are building a daily driver.

I like the pump relief slot in the timing cover as a first mod, followed by improved drainback, deep sump increased capacity oil pans, full groove main bearings, and then restricted valvetrain flow - in that order. These few mods will address 99% of any AMC operational issue.
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Ahh, Good info all, This very definately a daily driver..and I really dont have any oil issues at this point..45 psi hot at 2500 rpm 15-20 hot idling at 850.. I just went through the engine last summer and sort of ran out of cash to replace the rocker pedastols.. (and as we know when you need it is when your last shortcut will get you..)
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.