Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Oil fiters and oil types
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil fiters and oil types

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum

Oil fiters and oil types

I did a search and couldnt quite find what i was looking for. I have a 360 that is being or almost done being overhauled. My questoin is what oil filter should i use. My adapter does not have the pressure reliefe with the little plunger and spring. So what is the best type to used, i have heard bad things about frams. And what type of oil i have read that they like synthetics better, especially the seals. Id go with the bull tear stuff but its nice to get something right off the shelf. So any brand/type that you guys get good results out of?

Thanks
    Pat

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Wix/napa gold/Mobil
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Lately I have been using a k&n oil filter, and castrol 10W40
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    i used to use proflow but you canr find them anymore so i use microguard or napa

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    I aways use Wix and Valvoline 30W for cam breakin, then I drain the oil and replace the filter with same but put Valvoline 10W 30W in and run that for first 500 miles so ring and things break in and seat properly. Then I stay with Wix but change to Mobil 1 full synthetic in the 0W 50W range.

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    So should one NOT use just any ol' 10w40 to break in a "new" motor ?

Was there ever any determination if the GM "EOS" available from dealerships
    should or should not be added to the oil for break-in ?
    The label on the back says not to use it as an oil additive,
    and instead talks about using it as an assembly lube
    Wondered if this stuff puts back in the oil the stuff they've been takin' out
    that's needed for flat tappet cam break in.

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    thanks guys this is the exact info ive been looking for, is my plan for making seals last longer with synthetic legitimate

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    Yes, after break in period.

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    I normally use Purolator or Mobile Oil Filters and Valvoline 20w50 Racing oil When it gets cold I'll drop it down to 10w40...
    You should always use a thick oil for a "break-in" period... straight weight oil is perfect for this... prime the motor making sure oil is at the top of the motor and fire her up and run her.
    If at all possible stay away from fram oil filters...
    Wix is a good filter, K&N are awesome! Kinda pricey and chances are you have to order them (Which are normally a day away)... A ford oil filter is identical to a Purolator filter... Ford filters work with the Jeep I have.. (Man, I hate to admit that)

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Purolator/ mobile/ Wix / K&N filters and i only use Shell Rotella 15/40 same as my diesels

works good have no complaints oil is still golden at 3k-4k so im happy its not sludgy and black
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377