Thread: Arrgh!! Driveline vibration...Dad Gummmit!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!

Arrgh!! Driveline vibration...Dad Gummmit!

Well I put the 2" spacer lift on the TJ the other day..and guess what.. slight driveline vibration.. sheesh you would'nt think the 1 3/4" effective lift would be that big a deal.. sure surprised me. Also Pro-comp is a pain in the butt.. I got this "spacer lift" from them.. 4 poly spacers all the same.. but what they dont say in the instructions or anywhere else.. is that you have to buy the extended bump stop cups.. not just the stops. cause the spacer takes up all of the rear cup and the spring just sits there on the flat side of the spacer.. the guy at "Tech support" says.. well we do offer a m ore complete kit..for 899.00 "for 2" of lift?? Are they nuts..?"
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT Ultra tech

VIBRATION

I had this same problem with a 95 Wrangler. All I did was put in add-a-leafs because I plowed with it and it developed a driveline vibration. I 'd say the add-a-leaf gave it 1 to 1 1/2 inch height increase. I put in a transfer case drop and it went away
    SPEED COSTS MONEY: HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?

well, when you changed the ds angle you got the joints out of their wore in spot plus uneven angles. the kit the guy was talking about has springs, control arms, yahda, yahda, yahda. just make you some bumpstop extensions drop the t-case (or sye) and forget about. if you're wheelin it, get some skids and make some lower arms.

anyway, that's what i think. i'll get a tj one day, planning just a poly bb, flat belly, rubi axles, wacked and 37s.
    mike

bullets don't hurt, but the holes do.

VOTE BUTTON

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Yea.. the worn u-joint spot is something that ocurred to me too.. I'm gonna replace them and see.. (while I am putting in the tcase spacer.) But I guess I am an old school guy.. 4" of lift was pretty standard.. even on a cj5..without much trouble..

Of course truth be told.. If My 77 CJ had this tiny little vibration in it you would never feel it.. in the TJ since it is so quiet and smooth.. it is noticable..Wierd

Oh and the difference in handling on and off road is amazing with the TJ versus the leaf springs..no comparison.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.