Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would cause the crank case oil to be diluted with gas

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    It's an Edelbrock.... But Soon to be a Holley 750dp... (Once I get my Torker intake back).

I dumped some oil in the cylinders waited a few minutes turned her over... pushed my finger in the holes (one by one) and out squirted the oil... I fired her up and she seemed to run A LOT better... Smoked for a minute but that went away quickly... So, my next mini project is to up-grade the ignition system... for a hotter spark.

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    Well edelbrocks are not known for leak down ....so that rules that out.
    48 CJ2a 283
    62 Dodge Panel Truck 3 on tree
    62 Belvedere Max Wedge Stick
    65 Dodge880 383 auto
    64 Jeep DJ3a 2wd
    69 CJ5a V6
    2 CJ6a's V6's 1 T98 4spd
    80 Scout Terra SD33t Nissan Turbo Diesel T19
    83 J20 360 T18
    70 AMX 390 Go Pac 4spd
    70 AMX 390 Go Pac Auto

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    are you mashing the throttle often? this could cause a lot of unburned fuel to make its way into the oil.Everytime you mash it the accelerator pump gives the engine a big shot of gas and it might be giving it too much to burn.

This is what I think, With my rings being gapped that of circle track specs, a higher compression ration, low energy spark, and this carb dumping fuel is causing the unburnt gas to slip by... and washing the cylinders... hense gas in the oil.
    I have an electric fuel pump... I also think that my carb is shooting excess fuel everytime I touch the pedal.. I mean this 600 shoots more than my 750 did.. I'm talking 2 solid streams... from the pump jet housing.. (Which were enlarged a little) and also fuel drips from secondary nozzle... So she's definitely getting fuel... I've even turned the idle mixture screws...

i say you may have found the problem. dripping boosters and too big of an accelerator shot will definately cause your oil to fill up with gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq
    i say you may have found the problem. dripping boosters and too big of an accelerator shot will definately cause your oil to fill up with gas.
    It's not filling up the oil but when I taste the oil it has a little bite to it 20w50 Racing oil isn't too bad

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    You said you had an electric pump but didn't say anything about a regulator, what about that???
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

not a fan of that motor oil salad dressing in my experience it all tastes the same and it doesnt bring enough to the party.

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    You really do need to get off the wallet & get an MSD sytem ASAP, AND a fuel pressure regulator, if you don't have one!!!
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24