Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
edlebrock Vs Holley truck avenger
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: edlebrock Vs Holley truck avenger

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum

edlebrock Vs Holley truck avenger

Well as my build continues im looking for a carburator. Im stuck between the edelbrock thunder series AVS offroad and the truck avenger. Its a 360 in a CJ5. I currently have a edelbrock 500cfm on my 258 so i have the tuning rods and everything for an edelbrock but which performs best? Im looking at a 650cfm edelbrock and 670holley.

Thanks
    Pat

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Shoot Pat save your bucks and get a offroad needle and seat set for your carb.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    I read an off road test somewhere on the web about carbs, for Jeepin' the Quadrajet won hands down. Steady Idle, no floading at extreme angles, not loading up, and creaped along at low speeds consistantly.

I used to run a 670 CFM Truck Avenger on a 360. It ran great off road but didn't like to hold a tune. A couple people I wheeled with ran Quadrajets and they ran great.

I have no experience with the Edelbrock "off road" carburetor.

I wouldn't bother putting the spring loaded needle and seats in the regular Edelbrock Performer carb. That carburetor doesn't do well off road no matter what you do with it.
    1977 AMC Jeep Cherokee: 360/TH400/1339/44/44 - Beavis
    1984 AMC Jeep CJ7: 401/SM465/AtlasII/44/9" - Grimm Jeeper
    1986 Chevy K20: 5.3/4L60/NP241/10b/14b - Tow Rig
    2004 Pontiac GTO: LS1/T56/M80 - :D

Try out my gear ratio calculator (Now in metric)

I have both. I prefer the Edelbrock. Easier to tune and stays tuned pretty well. I have the off-road springs and have never had a problem with my CJ on some pretty steep inclines.
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    I ran a truck Avenger for a short time on a 360 CJ with mild cam, stock exhaust, and a performer intake and it ran way too rich out of the box. I switched to a street avenger for the type of driving it sees and it's 1000% better.
    SPEED COSTS MONEY: HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Well I have built many Quadrabogs.. for 1/4 mile use.. and a few off road.. they are a great carb..with a few mods (such as capping the metering well..but I have and run a 600 cfm 1406 edelbrock on a 360 in a j-10 and another on a 304 in a cj-5.. the off road needle and seats.. and I couldn't be happier, they perform well at most angles and the throttle response is very crisp.. once ya tune em forget em.. plus the new model has an adjustable secondary setup so you can dial it in without springs.. pretty sweet.. (besides with the one piece body it won't leak)..
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    i,ve heard horror stories of guys trying to dial in a quadrajet. Once you try to rebuild them they never seem to be the same is what ive been told. I run a 600cfm holley on my 304 and am very happy with it. i used the offroad needles and have yet to have any problems.

so currently i have a 500 edelbrock, if i re tune and jet it would it run a 360 or would i be better off getting a 600 and putting my offroad needle's and seats in there

i edited my last post but that didnt bump it up soooo

*bump*