Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
edlebrock Vs Holley truck avenger - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: edlebrock Vs Holley truck avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Goose
    Well I have built many Quadrabogs.. for 1/4 mile use.. and a few off road.. they are a great carb..with a few mods (such as capping the metering well..but I have and run a 600 cfm 1406 edelbrock on a 360 in a j-10 and another on a 304 in a cj-5.. the off road needle and seats.. and I couldn't be happier, they perform well at most angles and the throttle response is very crisp.. once ya tune em forget em.. plus the new model has an adjustable secondary setup so you can dial it in without springs.. pretty sweet.. (besides with the one piece body it won't leak)..
    I just installed one on my mild 360 and have yet to take it off-road. On road the thing is a beast, crisp throttle response, no bogs.
    Goose how does it do on A) vertical inclines B) side hill/off camber situations. Also have you done anything else to the edelbrock that would aid in these situations?

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Well I have yet to experience any flooding stalling problems either side hill or straight on.. the floats are hung in the rear If I remember correctly so up hill or side shouldnt be a problem. really steep down hill maybe but as I say, I havent had any trouble ... And I have been steep enough side hill that I am sure you couldnt have driven a straight pin up my fanny with a 10 pound sledge hammer (high pucker factor)

When I first bought it really bouncy stuff caused it to splutter but I put the spring(off road) needle and seats in and have had no problem since.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Well I must be doing something wrong with my Edy. Went off road this weekend and was on the verge of htrowing off a cliff. Cant count how many times it would sputter and die while at an angle. I must be doing something wrong, maybe the float level is wrong, maybe I need a pressure regulator, I dont know. Verry disapointed!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mika01
    Well I must be doing something wrong with my Edy. Went off road this weekend and was on the verge of htrowing off a cliff. Cant count how many times it would sputter and die while at an angle. I must be doing something wrong, maybe the float level is wrong, maybe I need a pressure regulator, I dont know. Verry disapointed!
    My dad had the same problem with his. He readjusted the floats and everything was fine

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Quote Originally Posted by pyagid
    My dad had the same problem with his. He readjusted the floats and everything was fine
    -Paul
    Did he lower them or lift them? I'm guessing lower so theres less fuel in the bowls?

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mika01
    Quote Originally Posted by pyagid
    -Paul
    Did he lower them or lift them? I'm guessing lower so theres less fuel in the bowls?
    Sent You a PM
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

That was exactly what I needed to do. Man what a difference! Amazing how a small change in the float level can afftect the carb when inclined! Now she purs when front is 3' off the ground

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    how exactly did you adjust them.... i have mine adjusted with the the 7/16 drill bit like the manual says. im not sure if there is a better way to set them up

I did that at first, put the 7/16" drill bit under the floats and bent the tabs until it cleared. Went out tried it and it was to low. The engine would starve, not get enough gas & hesitate upon acceleration. Went back to the garage and used a 3/8" drill bit as a spacer. Went out tried again and now its perfect. Still at about 4500 rpm she hesitates a bit, but I can live with that....for now.