Thread: 4 Piston Caliber Sleeves

4 Piston Caliber Sleeves

Just what it says, a sleeve to rebuild the early brake caliber. If we had these we could press our own or take to a machine shop.

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    What I would like to know is if the 4 piston units are the same as Mopar used.
    48 CJ2a 283
    62 Dodge Panel Truck 3 on tree
    62 Belvedere Max Wedge Stick
    65 Dodge880 383 auto
    64 Jeep DJ3a 2wd
    69 CJ5a V6
    2 CJ6a's V6's 1 T98 4spd
    80 Scout Terra SD33t Nissan Turbo Diesel T19
    83 J20 360 T18
    70 AMX 390 Go Pac 4spd
    70 AMX 390 Go Pac Auto

I think they are different from all others, and about $700/set to send out. My dads AMX has them and they are shot, and he would prefer 4 pistons. Thats all thats keeping it from driving- I got it running last year till it sucked scumed up fuel out of the pump. But @ $700 next on the list is repainting the Javelin- we'll likly do that ourselves. Whoevers idea it was to use chrome in an assembly that sits in a corrosive fluid should be beaten. Probably the same guy that decided on using a nonvented rotor.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Watch ebay... there's someone out there that sells the 4 pot calipers rebuilt with stainless sleeves for around $250-275 for a pair. I don't see any out there now, but I'll post is I see them.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

I would check Hemmings, I am pretty darn sure that the early 70's Corvettes used the same 4 Piston Caliper.
    When SSBC first started out they rebuilt Corvettes and AMC 4 piston calipers. I would think if the bore and stroke was close enough or exact you could use them. They are probably dead on. It would probably be easiest to find. Then again I could be wrong but for some reason...