Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Up-Grading my Dana 20 Rear output shaft with a custom.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Up-Grading my Dana 20 Rear output shaft with a custom....

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq
    how much for one
    Sorry man.. For now it's a one-off thing... Maybe with-in the next year or so I'll make a few more... At the moment I'm working on the front output shaft design ... But, In all honesty I can probably make 3 or 4 in a week (Materials providing)... The heat treatment is the worst part... Extremely boring.. but if I make a few at a clip the heat treatment will go quickly... I'm first going to use this on my Jeep and "TEST IT".. If it holds up I'll make more... I'll keep things posted if I do decide to make some for others.
    But in all fairness and curiosity what would you pay for one of these?.. Knowing the AA sells theirs for $450-$500

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Nice work sonny!!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thanks man... I have a CNC program for the shafts so now that will save me about 2- 2 1/2 hrs of machining time.. The CNC can rip out a shaft in about 20 minutes start to finish and then all that I have to do is cut the splines and heat treat... ..... Besides machining the Housing... (I love working with tenths... .0001"-.0003")... I pride my work on looks and tight tolerances... But, with this project I have some flaws... to the normal eye they wouldn't see them but with my eye, I see it and it makes me want to make another one

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    being that they are designed to save money and don't come with a speedo drive i'd say $350

$350 was the exact number that I was thinking...