Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
For those who want in on it (stroked 401's) - Page 3
Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For those who want in on it (stroked 401's)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    No the rods are wider by .020 per rod. We are surface grinding down the rod widths. These are 4340 Chevy 6" rods with honda journals .940 wide. The stock AMC 401/390 crank journal width is 1.849 that means you need rods to be .917 wide so we will be surface grinding .023" off the rods on the crank end instead of making the journal wider on the most of the cranks. One crank is getting wider journals and that will be for a build we do in house
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Is this a one time offer or will it be offered again? I am interested, but I am in the middle of moving right now so the timing is bad for me. I have a standard 401 crank that is in great shape.

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Moneys too hard to come by for me, on such short notice, and timing it the same week as christmas dosen't help.
    In America, there is no natural, moral, or legal right, to obligate another person or persons, to your dept or desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot
    Are you "boost" guys filling your 4.165"+ blocks with concrete???

From all the research I have done, the smaller bore blocks can apparently take a bunch more boost w/o distorting & can make more power with more boost & a round hole. Not to mention that the super-heated gasses going past the pistons may take some metal along for the ride to the oil pan.
    If you REALLY want to overboost an engine, go with a Studebaker V8. I know of a drag racer (Ted Harbit and his Chicken Hawk) who runs 35psi on the SAME BLOCK for OVER 30 YEARS!!! Not a single casting failure either.

File that under: "Who asked you, anyway?"