Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Oil pump problem PLEASE HELP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil pump problem PLEASE HELP

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey

Oil pump problem PLEASE HELP

Guys I need some help with a 304 i have recently built. I am at wits end with this thing. I have a new timing case cover, Crown I believe, new oil pump, new bulltear 626 pump cover, new pickup tube with screen, and new oil pan. My problem is I cant register any pressure from the original sending unit location, I have a manual gauge on the auxilury side of the pump cover, but cant only get about 15 lbs of pressure. When I use a drill and pump primer, it takes quite a bit of power to turn the pump. I have tried everything. Also when I drain the oil it appears to be aerated, like it is cavatating or something. It seems like it is mixing with air somehow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    hmmm You may have to take and dorp the oil filter relocation brocket down lower than the 626 to get the air out. Was that cover one you bought from us?
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Yes, I bought it form bulltear, but it did this before I tried the pump cover, hoping that it might solve this problem. But nothing has worked yet

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Thicker gasket? Clearences might be too tight.
    In America, there is no natural, moral, or legal right, to obligate another person or persons, to your dept or desires.

Are you sure you have the 626 plumbed right?
    [COLOR=#000000]

Yeah, pretty sure its plumbed correctly. I have 2 -10an hoses one to filter, one from filter. Both seen to be in correct location. I pulled the oil pan last night and measured distance for pickup and had about 1/2 inch clearance. I have noticed a gurguling noise from pickup tube in pan when pump is primed. Cant see anything wrong. Still working on it.

hmmm Gasket blown out?
    [COLOR=#000000]

nope gasket still in one piece. Like I said it did this before I installed the 626. After installing the new pump cover and new gasket, same thing

I would replace the tube and check to see if you have any crud blocking the oil passage and/or if the oil pressure sending unit is screwed in too far.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Ive been reading alot of oil archives, and was wondering about this scenario. When I installed the pump cover 626, not knowing any better, I used silicone, and in typical fashion, I am sure I used alot, could this of screwed up the end play to much as to cause cavitation of the end of the pump gears????????????