Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Gas in Oil

Thread: Gas in Oil

Gas in Oil

While waiting on the dizzy and cam gear to arrive, I got bored and dropped the oil. The oil smells like gas. Is there a part that can cause gas to get into the crankcase?
    Dizzy/cam gear has yet to arrive. So, I am still changing parts to keep this thing reliable if that is possible.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    If I am not mistaken that would be rings? Or maybe a bad intake gasket?
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Fuel pump can cause this and can dump fuel into the crank case. Might need replacing
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

#1 Check you carb bowl levels after sitting a while. Sometimes they leak internally & will drain into the motor.

#2 You may also dirt in a needle & seat & it floods now & again. It's not really noticeable when off & on the throttle driving.

#3 Hope it helps!

have had that happen a couple of times and it was the diaphragm in the fuel pump going bad. it's the only thing seperating the fuel and oil

Re: Gas in Oil

Quote Originally Posted by max
    While waiting on the dizzy and cam gear to arrive, I got bored and dropped the oil. The oil smells like gas. Is there a part that can cause gas to get into the crankcase?
    Dizzy/cam gear has yet to arrive. So, I am still changing parts to keep this thing reliable if that is possible.
    I got the gear set for the dizzy and cam in over the holidays. I put in another fuel pump (mechanical) just for luck. Everything is running fine. 300 plus miles since new stuff and no problems yet. I guess the fuel pump was the culprit on that part.

Thanks for the help guys.