Thread: Tires

Tires

General question. I have a 79 CJ that will be dedicated for offroad use. Currently has with lift kit, SOA, Shackal reversal,and 35" tires puts me where I can't get in the garage without disassembly of Garage door with hard top on (~7'). What will I loose/gain by going to 33" tires.
    Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently tallented fool!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    That all depends. Check manufacturer specs (as far as height measurements go). A 35" tire may actually measure between 34"-36", and a 33" tire may measure between 32"-34".
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    you lose an inch of ground clearance. you will have a smaller contact patch on the ground. depending on what gears you have you could experience better driveability/gas mileage or higher RPM's and worse gas mileage.

Don't go to a smaller tire, just air down to 3-5psi. If you are using it for offroad, this justifies buying a compressor or powertank too.

I would rather stay with the 35" if It is stable. The tires have alot of weather checking but lots of life left in them. I guess I can put them on my new rims, maybe turn them around so the weather checking is not visible and run them till they go. Thanks for the info. I am unsure how old they are or how weak they are due to the cracks

Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently tallented fool!