Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Final days of the 401 on the dyno - Page 3
Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Final days of the 401 on the dyno

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Well is depends on where he put his gauge. With both sides being fed from a single source and the passenger side feeding the cam then the mains the last main bearings are always the ones that suffer. AMC blocks only feed the cam and mains from the passenger side and with such nice big bearings you can roach a set pretty quick. I say "the motor burps"
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    GEEZ!!!!

I didnt even notice that the dual filter sends to one filter then to the next!! What a horrible design

I wonder what the rate is of the spring in the bypass. The dual filter assemblies we sell dont have a oil filter bypass because they dont need one. They feature a dual in and out and feed both filters at the same time Those are the best of the best.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    I just want to thank you for putting in all this info.. you have spent the money abd done the time.. and this is great info!!
    (plus it's real world verifiable) did I read right? did you get 900 horse on the bottle?.. I definately want video of that ride
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose
    I just want to thank you for putting in all this info.. you have spent the money abd done the time.. and this is great info!!
    (plus it's real world verifiable) did I read right? did you get 900 horse on the bottle?.. I definately want video of that ride
    909 Ft lbs torque. 867 HP
    Torque outran the horsepower.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Quote Originally Posted by 82Waggy
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Quote Originally Posted by 82Waggy
    Sorry Blown7, but until you run it without the valley line and measure the same drop on the right side I won't be convinced.

Sounds to me like you have a restriction on the left side to me.
    Yep its called cam bearings
    How do cam bearings interfere with the flow down the left hand (drivers side) lifter gallery? For that matter, they cannot be interfering with flow down the right side gallery either.
    I drilled and tapped both rear oil galley plugs at the flywheel side to get a reading at the end of the runs at the dead end. Tough to get a 1/16" line between the flywheel and the block.
    The reference point was the convential oil pressure port right side front.
    I could see where the idea came for the "U" loop at the back of the block some people have used in the past.
    I regard the pressure drop (actually it was closer to 8 PSIG) to the extra length of traveling over the top, the 90 degree turn and then down the length of the block. (Or a lifter or two are bleeding off a little more. No big deal to me. Just interesting.
    The cam bearings I used where not redrilled with a smaller hole and reindexed just installed right out of the box.
    With the two line sump pickup I got plenty of volume and the system loaded with 12 quarts of oil I don't think I'll run out.

Jeff

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

When I get the engine home I'll take more pics. I really want to show MC the bootyfab pressure adjustment port I made on the 534. It really helped to adjust the pressure accurately at idle. Thats one of the reasons one of the filters blew, initally Joe blipped the throttle before I could adjust it properly and we had a pressure spike right off the end of my 100 lb max pressure gages.

Jeff

HEY MC!!!
    Speaking of dual oil filter housings, how much would you charge me to make this style in a parallel flow from flat stock? With a big Bulltear logo engraving on the top??? Also gonna need a custom oil filler cap with Blown 401 on it.

Jeff

Jeff, so what kind of numbers did you get with the nitrous? Or did you already post them and I'm missing them somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by 1980_Cj7
    Jeff, so what kind of numbers did you get with the nitrous? Or did you already post them and I'm missing them somewhere?
    909 Ft lbs torque. 867 HP
    Torque outran the horsepower.