Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bad lifter
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Bad lifter

Bad lifter

I recently picked up a rebuilt 360 for the cost of gas (all I had to do was pick it up). Upon further inspection I pulled all the lifters and found one which had turned convex.

I kno the photo is pretty crappy, but I wanted to know having seen this will I need to scrap the cam? Or do I just need a new lifter?
    Thanks

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    99% of the time the cam has been effected as-well... you can get a cam and lifter set to your house for around $160... If you call compcams cam help line they'll take 10% from the cost... Maybe 15%.. I can't remember... You're gonna nee dto flush the block and check the bearings etc....

I was thinking of the Summit K8601 its only like $90. I think several people on this board have used it.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    That much wear on the lifter, there's probably considerable wear on the lobe too. Take the time, replace cam AND lifters, that way you only have to do it once.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Its too bad the guy that gave me the engine said it was a Crower Cam. What do you guys think of the Summit kit?

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Well I havent used the summit cam.. but It seems I remember several posts awhile back with folks having big problems with them.. quality control issues.. you might search the forums.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    I've heard mixed emotions with the summit stuff. I have always went with CompCams... I think if you want a basic or minor performance you can check CompCams... 260H and the 268H all for $173.00 These are great for low end etc... These include the lifter set as-well. If you call the CompCams Cam help line 1-800-999-0853... you'll get 10% or 15% off... I've had a cam that 2 lobes went flat and I called Comp Cams... sent my cam and lifter set in and in less than 2 weeks I had my new set... free replacement... IMO these guys are worth the little extra money.. At-least they fully stand behind their products.