Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
D 44 Disk Brakes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D 44 Disk Brakes

Thank you from BT Ultra tech

D 44 Disk Brakes

Hey Guys,

Working on a pair of 44's and was looking to go rear disc, has anyone had experience with this kit? Is it reliable? I do have scout 44's so this would be perfect for me.

Thanks
    -Dave
    2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 W/Injen SRI, Prothane Race Inserts, Autometer 30/30 Boost Gauge, & AGP Wastegate She's pushin' 19lbs of Boost.

1976 CJ7/304 W/Edelbrock intake & 600CFM Carb/Q-Track (Part Time Conversion)/TH400/Painless Wiring Harness/HEI Dist.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Sure if you dont mind another $250-300 in calipers
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    These guys make a Scout kit. I have their Jeep kit on my 44, and I've had no problems with it.

The kit price is just brackets and rotors. You supply loaded calipers (GM front or rear depending if you want e-brakes), and brake lines. I used GM front calipers (about $30 each, loaded) since I already had a line lock in the front brake circuit, and my e-brake cables were long gone.

www.tsmmfg.com

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Dave - this is the kit I put on my 88 Waggie full size D-44 http://www.tsmmfg.com/2460.htm (6 on 5.5)

Easy enough and the instructions were good. The calipers can be from a 79-85 Eldorado, Riviera, or Toronado and a 80-85 Seville, pads are cheep at the local auto parts place. Or you can pay the extra $300 for new calipers and pads

'Rat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    The calipers can be from a 79-85 Eldorado, Riviera, or Toronado and a 80-85 Seville
    The Seville would have the parking brake I assume? I do have an automatic.. how necessary is that parking break....
    2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 W/Injen SRI, Prothane Race Inserts, Autometer 30/30 Boost Gauge, & AGP Wastegate She's pushin' 19lbs of Boost.

1976 CJ7/304 W/Edelbrock intake & 600CFM Carb/Q-Track (Part Time Conversion)/TH400/Painless Wiring Harness/HEI Dist.

Quote Originally Posted by dbesade
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    The calipers can be from a 79-85 Eldorado, Riviera, or Toronado and a 80-85 Seville
    The Seville would have the parking brake I assume? I do have an automatic.. how necessary is that parking break....
    Hehehe ... at least YOU have an automatic But as to the question - here in VA you have to have one. Other than that, it will save the parking pawl in your tranny. The rolling force of the Jeep will rest against that pawl unle3ss you have one. In FL - thre aren't any hills
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Hey Pat, what about a stock CJ D-44 rear, they got some for them that don't cost 300 bucks?
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Jim, don't know of a CJ with stock D-44s
    Normally they are swapped in from Waggies or Chebby's and what not. If you go to the web site http://www.tsmmfg.com/jeep.htm it lists what they have and the prices. When I was looking around, this was the best deal I could find ... for a Waggie rear end. You could junk-yard the calipers and rebuild them for less than $300 a pair and with shoes that would be about $100-$110 for a pair, including the hot tanking if they are really bad.
    Cables - - well I had a problem with the left rear.
    With an SOA and 3" lift, and the brakes clocked to the upper rear (10 or 2 position as recommended) the E-cable had a flex problem. I couldn't find one I liked or fit right so I went with 2 right rear cables - which made the left too long so I have a loop in it, which is my problem, it needs to be between the stock left and right lengths - or about 8" shorter than the right side cable
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Thanks Pat.

Just a note, they did make CJ's w/stock D-44's in the rear, Peaches '86 has one & my CJ8 has one that I put in from a CJ.

I'll chack it out,
    thanks
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Quote Originally Posted by rollbar
    Thanks Pat.

Just a note, they did make CJ's w/stock D-44's in the rear, Peaches '86 has one & my CJ8 has one that I put in from a CJ.

I'll chack it out,
    thanks
    Interesting thanks ... my 85 CJ7 had a AMC20 and my 85 Scrambler did too?? You got lucky twice!!! And I don't mean just this weekend
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE