Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
pasar un mal momento - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pasar un mal momento

Dusty, Did you ever check the injectors for proper function, or try larger ones?

Had a problem recently on an injected motor in a twin powered boat - 6 out of 8 injectors were bad. 1 would not fire at all, 4 would just dribble fuel, and none of the others made a good spray pattern. They were all pulled and tested. Was able to bring some back to life after ultrasonic cleaning and replaced the rest with new. One of the new ones turned out to be completely non-functional as well (these were Weber injectors). Finally got it all sorted out. Prior to testing and replacement it still ran but fell short of peak - gained 900 RPM after all were fixed. The other engine that was thought to be OK then fell short of this one by 250 RPM - one new injector and cleaning of the rest brought it up as well. Completely different boat now - went from a usual 61 MPH max speed to 70MPH before bouncing off the rev limiter, which it never reached before.

Seems unlikely that you would not be able get the EB system to flow all the fuel you would need. Unfortunately I have not run mine yet so I can't really comment on it - sometime this spring I hope.
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

82waggy,
    Good point. How did you "test" the injectors?

FWIW, EB sent me a test checksheet with various parameters that "indicates" they did a test at the factory. I'm curious now, I'll have to dig it out and see what it says and what they tested. I guess I tossed it asside initially and directed my focus towards all the shiny parts. LOL.
    Eric Terjesen
    1978 Wagoneer - 401

Shop nearby has a diagnostics machine that pressures up the injectors, cycles them, measures throughput, etc. Visually check spray pattern during testing - it's pretty obvious.
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    i sent the intake and parts back to edelbrock they checked the injectors and assembly everything checked out ok. i think it was somewhere between me not getting it programmed ... dialed in and some sort of defuel in the mapping. but it isnt my thing im going back to a carb. i wasnt drving the heep enough to justify the bucks tied up in a fancy setup either
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Ok thanks. I guess I was wondering if it was something I could do easily.....I have no need right now to do any testing though.
    Eric Terjesen
    1978 Wagoneer - 401