Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
I got the power

Thread: I got the power

I got the power

Hey I just finished my doors. Here is a link http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rent=Power.flv
    The rest of the pictures.http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v291/lost-one/Doors/
    As you can see I had to do some metal work. My MIG was great for this. Plus my father has a spot welder so I could tack the part I needed to weld to in before I started.
    I used POR-15 on them to keep them from rusting out. Then I shot them with the POR-15 primer then hit them with the color and 4 coats of clear. The first coat of clear went dowm bad as I had the wrong settings on the gun. But it didn't turn out to bad after all. Not bad for my first gun spray job.
    I had an apoulstry(sp) shop do the boards an fix a sopt on the original covers. They then put a die on them to change them from tan to grey. I put the YJ style handle(black) on them to match my leather wrapped wheel and JC bar.
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps

Looking good!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    power goood cranky sliders Baaaad!! do mine next ehh?
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

It really isn't that hard to do. I got the whole kit out of 4wd. It was easy as heck to wire up.
    I put all new seals and runners in also. I figured what the heck I got all of it out for painting, might as well put new back in.
    Pics of Jeeps

True... The times I usually kick myself is when I do some major project.. then screw it up trying to reuse some .29 cent piece that I should have replaced any way!

Dirty Harry.

Well it was really $129 per door for all of the seals and runners. But again it was well worth it.
    Talk about not replacing parts, I once re-ringed, bearinged, and other assored work on an engine but didn't want to ride my bike down to the parts store so I reused my old oil pump. 300 miles later I needed to redo the motor because I lost oil pressure going down the highyway.
    Pics of Jeeps

Yep.. thats the kind of things I do ..

Dirty Harry.