Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Rod Bushings for KB Pistons
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Rod Bushings for KB Pistons

Rod Bushings for KB Pistons

Found the following at Diamond Racing:

Part# 02-5038
    OD - 1.010
    ID - .927
    Length - 1.110

Will they work? What I'm seeing on KB's web site is that you need 1.0006 OD, .9272 ID, and they don't mention length. I know the ID can be honed out to work with the pins, but how bout the ID and length, will they work?

I'm trying to round up the parts we need. The other thing I'm thinking is I could just let the machine shop get the bushings.

Still waiting to hear from them on what size bearings we need to order.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    A quick call to Diamond will tell you the story. Generally any rod "bushing" for a .927 pin would be a floating bushing and set to industry stds.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

You can hone out the rod a few thousandths for a press fit if you need too.
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    A quick call to Diamond will tell you the story. Generally any rod "bushing" for a .927 pin would be a floating bushing and set to industry stds.
    I did email Diamond. I sent them the specs on the KB pistons that included a note concerning bushing the rods and the dimensions. Diamond replied saying they have a bushing that is "close to what I need" and gave me the part no. and specs above. I guess the main thing I was unsure of was the length.

Mine were a bit long but not a problem. I think we opened up the rod about .007 to get the right press fit.

Don't remember what the actual bushing dimensions were.
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

Anybody got a rod handy that they could measure the thickness of??? The small end where the bushing would go. (I personally know one guy who has about a jillion laying around his garage if he's listening, ha, ha.)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Width 401 rod small end is 1.000
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Width 401 rod small end is 1.000
    Thanks Matt. I was thinking about Fuzz to tell you the truth, not you, but I'll bet you have even more than Fuzz now that I think about it. (Now Fuzz will go and get all jealous and run out and try to find more 401 parts, ha, ha.)

Well according to that, those ones Diamond has should work just fine I guess. Guess I'll get 'em ordered a while.