Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
cold miss - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cold miss

I've also got an HEI setup on my 304 but i got it from Performance Distributors or as others say a DUI dist. and i also opted for their premade and numbered Livewire set......but i think i was paying for the name and looks on them
    Oh yea.....as far as where you've got you vac. advance.......same way with mine right out front almost touching the power steering belt. I tried to run it in diff positions but i coul'dt get it to fit right any other way so i dropped her in and said the hell with it cause i dont need to adjust timing that often.....
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    yea i couldnt get mine to fit any other way so i went that route and put a little 90* rubber bend on the advance. as far as wires go. we decided to buy bulk wire and make wires. between my jeep and my brothers jeeps it will pay itself off

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    Quote Originally Posted by Patf10
    figured out the miss problem, carb was just a little loose and it mush have been sucking air until it warmed up and expanded.

also i was wondering if anyone has any pics of their HEI setup. Id like to see how everyone has wires routed and where the advance goes.

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    nice pic, im assuming the number one wire is still on the front side?

Thats the exact same way I had to position mine.......
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!