Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
No joke, NO KIDDING!!!

Thread: No joke, NO KIDDING!!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

No joke, NO KIDDING!!!

For those of you that are/have been/or know, someone that served in the military between 1940 and 2001 .....

Well I DID go to the http://www.ssa.gov/retire2/military.htm page and it IS true, from 1940 to 2001 there are benefits set aside for your social security payments. You cna navigat to the above link from teh SSA page so it's not a "spoof page."

BUT YOU HAVE TO REQUEST THEM!!!

Read and process as you see fit - but at least pass the word before the SSA goes bankrupt

Pat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: Active Duty Social Security Benefit

I haven't confirmed yet, but sounds good.

I received the below information and though that you (and/or someone you know) should be interested. Some of you are no doubt already aware of this. Please share it with others as you see fit.

I was not aware of this "kicker" and it does not sound as though it is an "automatic occurrence." Bottom line is an increase in your SS benefit....not huge, but maybe a case of beer per month for fishing trips

In summary:

Service In 1978 through 2001

For every $300 in active duty basic pay, you are credited with an additional $100 in earnings up to a maximum of $1,200 a year. If you enlisted after September 7, 1980, and didn't complete at least 24 months of active duty or your full tour, you may not be able to receive the additional earnings. Check with Social Security for details.

Service In 1957 Through 1977

You are credited with $300 in additional earnings for each calendar quarter in which you received active duty basic pay.

The website says: "Note: Social Security cannot add these extra earnings to your record until you file for Social Security benefits."

Might be worth placing a copy of this information into your Retirement Planning folder, or Social Security folder, because it appears you won't receive this benefit unless you ask for it (DD-214 in hand).

Something to look into, veterans!

The "kicker" details:
    http://www.ssa.gov/retire2/military.htm

Other potentially applicable info:
    Military Active Duty Addt'l pension
    http://www.ssa.gov/retire2/qualify.htm
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I'm going to check into this, as my Dad was drafted into the army in the 50's, he can always use any extra he can get.
    parting several FSJ'S

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    I served active duty from '85 to '91. This is good news.
    401cid, T18a/D300 twinsticked.
    Lifted, locked, and Swampered

"Its flat here...real flat. And the locals smell like potatoes."

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    i think i better get with my dad as he is a korea war vet and i served from 81 to 84
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Nice find Pat!!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Its about time the goverment does something extra for our military, I served from 1972 to 1989 and got put out with a disibility,
    73CJ5,AMC360w/stainless valves, ported and polished,Offhauser Aluim Dualport Intake w/850 edelbrock Carb,10 to 1 Pistons and much more

Very interesting, I served for 4 years, so I will deffinetaly keep this on hand, so will my older brother, thanks for posting!

Junior wrench of the ForumJunior wrench of the Forum
    Will have to pass this along to all the vets I know in my area