Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
cheapest location for power loks new... used?

Thread: cheapest location for power loks new... used?

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)

cheapest location for power loks new... used?

Shopping around looking for a couple of 4 series ... 4.27 R&P set carrier D44 power lok cases

also shopping around for Eaton E-lockers for same just the price spread is huge between suppliers.
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Are the power-locks still made? I bought one many moons ago (probably close to 20 years) for the Dana 30 from Drivetrain Warehouse. At the time, I was told they were selling what they had on the shelves, and probably wouldn't tool up to make more, doesn't mean they haven't. I went full Detroits in both ends with the 44s, and have never been sorry.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    precision gear bought the tooling for the power loks just the prices are all over the place.

thinking i'll make the cherokee super chief a sleeper but she'll need some traction and little better gearing since im thinking 4" lift 4.27's with 33's (on stock 15" crome 8" wheels) a nv4500/D300 since i got the engine (401 with decent cam in her. ) tranny and t-case sitting there doing nothing and then later slip a Elocker up front. Giver her some highway cruising rpms and still some gearing for getting around. Give the wife something to play with or me something to get into trouble with (probably slide a little 8k winch in behind the stock bumper ..... maybe the perfect baja mexico trip rig its even got ac and cruise control still.)

Ultimately plan on cherokee and cj both running same width dana 44's with sam carriers in each. you get the gist reduce the spare parts i got to keep around. if axles, clutch ect interchange between the two makes life easier. when something is down.

Quite the move you conducted there holy smokes. Good luck on the amc for the show. thanks for the pm back bob keep in touch i want to get a sound file of that r4b in action when you finally get around to it..

Cheers

West Coast DD
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

You might try www.completeoffroad.com

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Didn't think of them. That's where I got my gears. Good guys to work with.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford