Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Ok I'm an Old School guy.. soooo - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok I'm an Old School guy.. soooo

Carbon deposits can cause a rise in compression ratio. That rise in compression ratio will cause detonation if everything else stays the same. Try running some of that cleaner that is supposed to get rid of carbon deposits and see what happens.

Or try stepping up in the octane rating of the gas you use. That would also get rid of your knocking.
    1977 AMC Jeep Cherokee: 360/TH400/1339/44/44 - Beavis
    1984 AMC Jeep CJ7: 401/SM465/AtlasII/44/9" - Grimm Jeeper
    1986 Chevy K20: 5.3/4L60/NP241/10b/14b - Tow Rig
    2004 Pontiac GTO: LS1/T56/M80 - :D

Try out my gear ratio calculator (Now in metric)

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    two common things that happen is the mass air meter goes bad and causes a lean run setting in the computer which results in the detonation or the o2 sensors either one goes gunny bag can set off a lean run. many times it wont set a code till its really bad. but pullin gth ecodes is a good idea
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377