Thread: SEnding unit

SEnding unit

80 CJ-5 with factory plastic 20?? 18?? gallon tank......sending unit is bad. Any one know where i mite be able to find one at?? I'd like a brand new or rebuilt one if possible so i wont have to fix it again later..
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    "The Dalli Lama has granted me total conciosness upon my death bed, Sooo I got that going for me, Which is nice."
    -Carl Spackler

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    them or quadratech
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

For use on a standard 15 gallon steel tank. I've already looked and they have no listing and the same with Auto Doom.......I haven't tried NAPA yet though....
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Did they put a plastic hi-capacity tank in them?? I wasn't aware they did.. you dont suppose thats an aftermarket unit do ya?

(Now thats an interesting question, if you had bought one with an aftermarket tank in it and didnt know the brand..how would you find a sending unit?? I hadnt thought about it before)
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I had an 18(?) gallon plastic tank in my CJ for a while before going to the 23 gallon TrailQuest tank. Seems to me that it used the factory sender, and I just had a little more "reserve" when the needle said empty.

I have a good used sender for a factory tank that you can have for the price of shipping.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Yea its a factory plastic tank. This is an 80 CJ-5 and the 85 CJ-7 i previously owned had one in it too and i seen another 7 rollin around here that had same tank and skid..........i thought about the sending unit from a 13 gallon and one hell of a resvere hahaha

Well the unit for the steel tank is a no go......the pick-up wont reach far enough down to the bottom of the plastic tank.....so my hunt continues!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Talk to MC (jeepsr4ever) here, he's an Omix-Ada dealer.

Ask for part # 5357373-L

You can see it here: http://www.omix-ada.com/Catalog/p133new.htm

It's designed for the oversize plastic tanks that they sell. There are also a couple of other options on the page for 20 gal tanks.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford