Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New Project........... Midplate - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Project........... Midplate

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzz401
    it will keep the motor from moving and put more power to the ground

Plus you can pull the tranny and t case without supporting the engine. And not snap the tranny case in half.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Quote Originally Posted by 1980_Cj7
    Yep, it's not just a direct copy of the OEM one. Note the two extensions sticking out to the sides.
    Yep the way I made the chassis the extensions on the plate will mount to my bottom front 4 link brackets.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Do you just bolt it solid, or use some kind of rubber/poly isolaters in the mix?

And Fuzz don't need no more power, don't send him the plans!

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I all ready have 3 of the factory plates to use as templates was thing about mid plate and solid motor mounts

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzz401
    I all ready have 3 of the factory plates to use as templates was thing about mid plate and solid motor mounts
    I have a set of solid mounts sitting at mc's shop. They came from a.j. jacobs, I'll sell them to you for whatever aj sells them for + shipping.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Quote Originally Posted by 1980_Cj7
    Do you just bolt it solid, or use some kind of rubber/poly isolaters in the mix?

And Fuzz don't need no more power, don't send him the plans!
    The midplate is mounted solid. Bolted to the frame mounts.

From what I hear Fuzz is gonna need maybe a front plate too.

Jeff

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    didn't notice your 'ears' the first time - -I've got the idea now
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    I would open the hole in the center so you can get your flywheel through it so you can pull the engine without pulling the trans.

Quote Originally Posted by radamx
    I would open the hole in the center so you can get your flywheel through it so you can pull the engine without pulling the trans.

Don't see why the hole would need to be opened to pull the engine. The only nice thing about the cutout in the OEM one is when a couple dummies forget to put the plate inbetween the engine and tranny, you can work it in without pulling the engine completely away...like we did when we put the 401 in, the first time. Hopefully we'll remember this next time.

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    In my car and most cars I have seen with engine plates you can not pull the engine with the mid plate attached so you have to be able to get the flywheel through the mid plate.
    or pull the trans and remove the flywheel.