Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Stabalizer Question/Looka Here Goose

Thread: Stabalizer Question/Looka Here Goose

Stabalizer Question/Looka Here Goose

Where would be the best place for the steering shock to be on the steering arm or the drag link or what??

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    usually it mounts to the tie rod somewhere in the middle and to the opposite frame rail.. (this may sound dumb but I didnt think of it the first time.. Make sure the shoc k allows full travel BOTH directions before you cinch it down..)
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

I really need more

When you say tie rod,Is that the one on the arm from the steering box or the on running on the bottom connecting the two wheels?It would help out alot if you had a pic please. As of now mine is connected to the steering box rod and then to the frame.Also when I work my steering wheel back and forth my spring shackels move.Can I weld a gusset to each of them or will that just cause something else to screw up?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Ideally you want the bump steer shock in the same plane as the drag link (The rod from the steering box). You want it to use the same angle to lessen bump steer
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Ideally you want the bump steer shock in the same plane as the drag link..........
    Are you saying attached to the drag link? When I brought my CJ home the setup on it was stationary end of the stabilizer was attached to the driver side axle tube and rod end to the middle of the tie rod. I just bought a second set of axles and the front axle was set up with the stabilizer rod attached to the drag link. The directions that came with my new stabilizer has it set up the same as my Cj was.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Yep I went out and checked the CJ.. it is as you described.. to the axle tube the J-10 I have has it mounted on the frame rail. wierd..
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I dont know when it was found to be more effective when bolted to the drag link but it works much better.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689