Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
oil pressure????
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oil pressure????

oil pressure????

well got my clutch all straightend out drove the jeep down the road for the first time and it shifted nice and smooth.....however the oil pressure was bothering me....when the motor is cold it has plenty of pressure at first start up 65 lbs.....as soon as it warms up it gets very very low....when you rev it up the oil pressure increases but no where near to what it is suppossed to be......any ideas on what can cause this would be great......

i got the same thing going with my 304. cant wait till my 360 is done maybe june.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    When you have a situation like your describing you can have tight bearing tolerances but poor oil pump tolerances. It is also possible that your sending unit is bad, that also follows those symptoms. Try the sending unit and a new oil filter (WIX preffered), midplate with rebuild kit second and lastly if it still isnt fixed try a new timing cover.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    is 55 cold and 15 hot idle 35hot cruising ok or should I be looking to bump it up?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    When you have a situation like your describing you can have tight bearing tolerances but poor oil pump tolerances. It is also possible that your sending unit is bad, that also follows those symptoms. Try the sending unit and a new oil filter (WIX preffered), midplate with rebuild kit second and lastly if it still isnt fixed try a new timing cover.

its a direct gauge.....what about the little plunger inside the oil pump stuck open????.....new timing cover???....what goes bad on the cover that will cause that........

Sometimes break in lube or vaseline gets behind the plunger and can cause strange issues. Take the spring and plunger out and clean them and re-install.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq
    is 55 cold and 15 hot idle 35hot cruising ok or should I be looking to bump it up?
    Thats what my 304 turns out. 20PSI on hot idle after an oil change... generally its around 15-17psi idle. FSM says at least 13PSI at 600RPM 37PSI min above 1500.

-Dave
    2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 W/Injen SRI, Prothane Race Inserts, Autometer 30/30 Boost Gauge, & AGP Wastegate She's pushin' 19lbs of Boost.

1976 CJ7/304 W/Edelbrock intake & 600CFM Carb/Q-Track (Part Time Conversion)/TH400/Painless Wiring Harness/HEI Dist.

what about cam bearings????......this motor is brand new..........

Hard to say what condition your cam bearings are in I dont know enough information about the break in temp, time of break in or mileage on the motor.
    [COLOR=#000000]

there is like 1 mile on the motor its only been started a handful of time.........