Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Header Gaskets

Thread: Header Gaskets

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar

Header Gaskets

Has anyone used these gaskets?

Or is their another good copper gasket. I had the fiber gasket blow out on me in about 5000 miles.

LONG EBAY LINK

MADE IN "USA" WITH CORRECT PORT SIZES!!!! Embossed Reusable Solid Copper Header gaskets (2 pieces per package) for AMC (1970 - 7 290-304-343-360-390-401 WITH DOG LEG PORTS (NOTE THAT THE 1967 THRU 1969 290,343, AND 390 had square ports. Embossed O-ring gasket design increases sealing pressure around exhaust ports to create a tight, leakproof seal, even on irregular surfaces. Made from long lasting .042" thick solid copper, these gaskets will not shrink, deteriorate or blowout, so gasket leaks are eliminated. *** For more technical information call 1-815-978-0000 ***PLEASE ENTER YOUR ZIP CODE IN THE SHIPPING CALCULATOR AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS LISTING FOR EXACT FREIGHT COSTS!!***

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    I have used the Copper Collector gaskets for a while now, they work slick.. I hadn't been able to find the header gasket till now.. My fiber gaskets end up getting replaced at least once a year and that job sucks.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Yeah i have used the copper collector gaskets for a while and they worked well.

I also just found MR gasket 7174 I may give those a try see how they work

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

-Paul
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

or would i be better off using the MR gasket Ultra-Seal?

Ultra-Seal

* Manufactured from high-temperature steel core/graphite faced exhaust material
    * Expanded steel core provides stability and maximum torque retention to eliminate gasket failure
    * Graphite facing provides excellent heat resistance and thermal conductivity to transfer heat away from the cylinder head
    * Conforms to and seals minor surface irregularities
    * Can be trimmed if necessary for modified ports
    * For OE replacement, high performance street, drag race and oval track
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Mr gasket coppers dont fit well at all and those ones in the first photo are Mr. gaskets
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    I used Remflex header gaskets on my 401. They are different than anything I have used before, some kind of high tech material. Had to trim them up a bit, but they have worked really well.

Got them a t BJ's Off-Road.

I bought the Mr. Gasket coppers first and decided not to use them because of the poor fit and more difficult to make them fit.
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I bought a set of copper ones for my AMX, not sure who made them, but I bought them from ebay. I couldn't get one to seal, so I went back to the gasket that came with my super comps (after some trimming to open up the holes).

I found that soaking the composite gaskets in water over night, then installing them wet and starting the vehicle right away. Heat, cool, torque, repeat. So far it's worked for me.

The copper collector gaskets worked great though.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    I haven't had much success with the copper gaskets... besides the copper collectors... I made a couple of sets of 1/8" thick copper collector gaskets.... NICE!!!! No leaks etc...

I was able to get a set of Felpro - 1434 steal core locally that i am going to give a shot. I will see how they fit and last sometime this weekend

Fel-Pro Performance exhaust header gaskets are made from high-temperature, high-density fiber material around a perforated steel core, for durability and heat resistance. They're precoated for easy removal.

-Paul
    - Mahatma Gandhi