Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edelbrock Casting Sand

Edelbrock contacted me and I just got off the phone with them.

I guess this caused quite a stir in QC and is moving up the channels.

It seems the process after casting includes an oven bake that turns the core sand into a white powder for easy removal. Mine apperently did not get cooked well enough to get this particular runner.

After casting and clean up, these sytems are then sent to the EFI vendor for assembly and are then supposed to be flow tested there. Guess this one missed that step, as well as final inspection prior to packaging.

Sounds like several people are going to have a bad day over there.

The also said they have only seen this once before in several years - used to be a problem in their FE manifolds due to long curved runners.

Not surprised it got missed in visual inspection as I too did not see it for several months due to the dark color of the sand and shadow so far up the runner - but obviously the guy that was supposed to flow test the thing should have found something wrong.

Anyway, they were very apologetic and sent me a free Edelbrock jacket for my trouble.
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Well, right now would be the best time to buy Edelbrock products I guess.

Call Edelbrock back and tell them if they don't send us all jackets, we're gonna spread the word about the sand!

Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"