Bulltear Ad

Thread: Valve Lock Question

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum

Valve Lock Question

During the rebuild of The War Wagon's 360 Zack has run into a problem with the comp cam K Kit. The valve locks that came with the kit have a single groove and the valves and old valve locks have 4 grooves. It looks like Chevy locks to me in the K Kit. Do we need to look for Mopar 10 degree valve locks? Any one have a part # for Comp Cams?

Thanks,
    Jim
    78 Wagoneer-- The War Wagon 6" BJ's lift 33X9.5X15 BFG KO'S, Edelbrock performer carb & Intake, TFI,sway bar disconnects,Aussie Locker, Cliffhanger rear bumper

The War Buggy - 360 W/GM TBI, comp cam, Edelbrock Performer,T18A, Klune, 205 twin stick, D60/14 bolt - 5:13 -Lincon locked, 42 TSL's, full Hydro steering, Tri 4 link rear W/ coil overs + more.

The Compost Heep - 82 Wagonneer, Camo Paint Job

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Factory AMC valves were single groove. Most of the new aftermarket valves I've seen use Mopar 4 groove locks. That's what I ended up using on the stainless valves I put in my 390.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    Are the stock AMC exhaust valves with rotaters 4 groove ?
    The '73 401 I had was that way and I thought it was stock.
    But the Intakes without rotaters were single groove.
    If I remeber right.

These are stock diameter valves with 4 grooves so im assuming that I need the 10 degree 4 groove locks that are for mopars. The valves are 3/8, and the only locks I can find are about $40 so I guess thats what im going to have to get. fyi its a 78 360 2v out of my jeep