Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Maybe a carb problem?
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Maybe a carb problem?

Bulltear forum member Swabie

Maybe a carb problem?

This is a follow up from (tunning the 360 problems)

http://www.bulltear.com/forums/viewt...819&highlight=

I finally started the engine after changing the oil and the oil appears to be fine. I think the engine did get some cylinder wash that for whatever the reson was keeping it from starting.

I still have the spit and sputter though when I get on the throtle and try to hold a mild idle at say 2500RPM s or more. Will not drive at all. I looked down in the carb as I gassed it a little and it looks like alot of fuel is dumping. I've never looked down the carb while doing this so I'm not sure how much fuel you should see. I'm thinking that the carb may need rebuilt since it is the oldest part on the engine. Its a Edlebrock performance 750. I don't know much about a carb rebuild, and still not sure if this can be my answer.

Rebuild? or am I looking in the wrong direction
    Wade

1980 Jeep CJ-7
    T-176
    Dana 300
    AMC 360
    Model 20
    Model 30

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    does your motor have bridged rockers or single rockers

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

the heads are stock. were both options availible stock. If so tell me what to look for and I will check.

Oh and Fuzz I tried to log on to the AMC forum and my User ID not working. Tried to do a new identity and no response from the forum. I thought I read a recent post where you got some info from there site. Do you know whats up over there?
    Wade

1980 Jeep CJ-7
    T-176
    Dana 300
    AMC 360
    Model 20
    Model 30

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    the bridged rockers were used from 74 up single rockers were from 73 back
    what i was thinking was if you had single rockers they were to tight

AMC fourm dont know why you cant log on

if this was November I could help you when I make my yearly trip to Murtle Beach at Thanksgiving

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Motor come from a Jeep wagon and they made those with 360 before and after 1973 so could be either. I assembled the heads with the rebuild what would be the difference?

And November will be fine Fuzz my wife is days maybe even hours away from poping and if I don't get it fixed soon it will sound the same come November
    Wade

1980 Jeep CJ-7
    T-176
    Dana 300
    AMC 360
    Model 20
    Model 30