Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Cam Issue - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cam Issue

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by luxi401
    might also be a slightly bent camshaft....
    We were thinking that too.

Jim
    78 Wagoneer-- The War Wagon 6" BJ's lift 33X9.5X15 BFG KO'S, Edelbrock performer carb & Intake, TFI,sway bar disconnects,Aussie Locker, Cliffhanger rear bumper

The War Buggy - 360 W/GM TBI, comp cam, Edelbrock Performer,T18A, Klune, 205 twin stick, D60/14 bolt - 5:13 -Lincon locked, 42 TSL's, full Hydro steering, Tri 4 link rear W/ coil overs + more.

The Compost Heep - 82 Wagonneer, Camo Paint Job

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    could be a case of a shifted block. had two 360s shift on me to where intalling or removing the cam was an undertaking and also turning the cam was extremely dificult. it was only inside of the block that shifted around the cam area and even the machine shop didnt catch it when the checked the block. they ended up comping us with the machine work on a new block since they had checked it but still a pain in the....
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Would a line bore have solved this???

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty
    could be a case of a shifted block. had two 360s shift on me to where intalling or removing the cam was an undertaking and also turning the cam was extremely dificult. it was only inside of the block that shifted around the cam area and even the machine shop didnt catch it when the checked the block. they ended up comping us with the machine work on a new block since they had checked it but still a pain in the....
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Got it turning some better so we went with it. We will see how long it will last, hay ya'll watch this.

Jim
    78 Wagoneer-- The War Wagon 6" BJ's lift 33X9.5X15 BFG KO'S, Edelbrock performer carb & Intake, TFI,sway bar disconnects,Aussie Locker, Cliffhanger rear bumper

The War Buggy - 360 W/GM TBI, comp cam, Edelbrock Performer,T18A, Klune, 205 twin stick, D60/14 bolt - 5:13 -Lincon locked, 42 TSL's, full Hydro steering, Tri 4 link rear W/ coil overs + more.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I'd keep an eye on those aluminum bridges I hear they have a tendancy of breaking

Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq
    I'd keep an eye on those aluminum bridges I hear they have a tendancy of breaking
    Thanks for the heads up, I have a set of steel ones on another motor I have that I could use. Would I be better off?

The Cam specs are 212/218 duration @ 0.050" lift.
    .477/.484 lift on a 110 LS
    We set it a 4 degrees advanced
    Springs are CC 926-16

Jim