Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
This could easily be the new Daily Driver
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This could easily be the new Daily Driver

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head

This could easily be the new Daily Driver

Really thinking of buying this rig, took it for a short but very fast test drive this week. Pulled out of the dealers lot held the throttle to the floor and by the time I had a chance to look down after holding it straight I was up over 120MPH. Damn

http://www.putnamchrysler.com/new_ve...652cf08&bhcp=1

And against a 2006 ZO6 Corvette
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcrg5M4887Q
    Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    DO IT!!! Of course there is also a 600HP version out there already from Hennessey!

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346

yes yes buy it!!!!!
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Well did the Nasty........

Now after the warrantee is up, blower and Nitrous????????

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Jeff I am impressed

Let us know how it rolls!!!!!!!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Awesome ride dude!

If MC bought one, I'de give him 24 hours before he'd be drawing up plans to lift it.

(if he's not already thinking about it)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soylent_Green
    Awesome ride dude!

If MC bought one, I'de give him 24 hours before he'd be drawing up plans to lift it.

(if he's not already thinking about it)
    Actually a set of rockwells with disk brakes and some 42 swampers would look great on that..
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

didn't take long for MC to get ideas
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Quote Originally Posted by rollen dean montoya
    didn't take long for MC to get ideas

Yep me also, but his vehicle has more in common with our 80's era AMC Eagles than a true 4 wheel drive Jeep Cherokee XJ Matt has if you want to use that model as a baseline. For starters this has the new Dana 44 rear with a 8.9 inch ring gear, is it as strong as a Dana 60? I don't know. With a double triangulated short/long arm 4 link.

The front end is a IFS setup with the center differential being a custom cast designed Aluminum "boxy" looking thing (at least the Eagle had a Dana 30)

My understanding at this point is there is at least 4 computers driving the powertrain, ECU for the engine,TCU for the tranny, Torque converter computer, and a computer for the transfer case ( the transfer case is a NV 146 single speed no low range the full time four wheel drive front/rear bias is controlled by electrically controlled clutches). Add to this the Electric Stability system that independantly controls the big 20 inch Brembo custom designed ceramic pad brakes just for this vehicle brakes at each corner and you have more electrons running this thing than a General Dynamics YF-22 Raptor in afterburner in a dogfight.

I guess to road race this thing at 155 MPH somethings have to be traded off, offroad capalibility being one.

The tires alone are a story in themselves. Custom designed by Firestone just for the SRT8, run flat capable, fully directional, TWO DIFFERENT sizes front and rear (rims too ) forget even rotating them. 20 inch rims 12 inches wide (I think)

So being the foward looking guy I am and with my luck of getting nails in my tires at 8PM on a Saturday nite I went over to the parts department to order a mounted front and rear tire on the rims for spares to keep in my garage for just this problem. I almost fainted when the parts guy said the TWO rims alone were $2500.00 a set tires are $345.00 each So being the guy I am I said order the tires at least I'll have those then I'll go to one of the discount tire/wheel stores and order a couple (cheap) $500.00 aftermarket rims.

So why have I agonized over this somewhat inpractical vehicle with vertually no offroad capabilty that really has no roots to my original 1948 CJ-2A that I restored way back in 1972? I was more excited when I ordered that Blue Limited 1984 AMC Eagle back in 1983 and I couldn't wait to take delivery of. And drove 150K miles trouble free) With many offroad miles.

I believe this is the end of a era for the Jeep badge with Daimler looking to sell the whole line to maybe Toyota or North Korea for all I know, to never see another big cast iron block muscle SUV (SUV moniker being used with poetic license) that in 5-10 years or so has the potential with a Trophy Truck type suspension to be a real contender to easily make 700 HP with forced induction, or stay stock and maybe another 1970 Hemi 'Cuda 4 speed convertable at the year 2040 Barrett-Jackson (Mars based as opposed to Scottsdale, AZ) Auto Auction.

Yes it has potential, but it will take me years to decide what direction to take this vehicle in, if any and maybe in 20 years if I live long enough it'll be in the garage next to the Eagle just waiting for the next CJ project to get done so the "New Improved" Indy 2000 cubic inch stroker can go in ......
    AHH to have a dream with no vision........

More pics on Friday as I scheduled a hour on the rack with the best "A tech" the dealership has to get "to the guts" of this thing.

To say it is a conversation piece is a understatement, so I'm standing there smoking a cig after I bought it, trying to figure if this is a good purchase, some kid in a souped up Cherokee stops by and I have to give him a 20 minute disertation on SRT's with as little knowledge as I know. My name ain't even on the title yet, yes the dealer did warn me not to stand next to strangers asking questions about it for fear of drool drops on my clothes.

Jeff

Good Lord, I need to get into the aircraft repair business!! lol!! Seriously though, that thing kicks ass - congrats on the cool purchase!!