Hey,

I have been browsing through your guys' threads, and have decided that you collectively could give me some guidence. I had my 343 mildly built by Haps Racing in Ames, IA and now have had no luck keeping a Borg Warner auto trans behind it. The combo is in a 69 Rebel with 2.73 rear end, with 32" tall rear tires. Funny, never have spun those?!?!

So, here's my question. I have a junkyard salvaged 360 motor. Would it be better, ie cheaper and easier, to get the adapter kit to go to a 727 tranny or mabye use the 360 crank in the block? By the way, the crank is out of the motor and needs polished, and the flexplate for the 343 has come up missing but do have a new 360 flexplate. In the rebuild, the block was decked .0040 (had to go that far to straighten the warp), and the heads were planned .0020. That sums up to a serious question as to what will the longer stroke do in that block!

I don't know how far, performance wise, that I will go with this ride. Currently, I just want it back on the road. This is a list of what I know is in it;

Engle 5020H cam, 496 lift, 226 @ .050 duration, 110 lobe
centers
Pioneer SBC valve springs(outers only) w/125 lbs seat preasure
Badger replacement 360 2bbl pistons, 30 over
Stock 390 intake
Holley 600 vaccum secondary carb
1 5/8 Hedman dogleg headers.

Any and all advise is GREATLY APPRECIATED

Thanx,

Pete