Bulltear Ad

Thread: rocker arms

rocker arms

Wierd. I am pretty certain that this engine that I obtained (360) has 258 rocker arms on it. I rebuilt the engine but am just now getting around to the cylinder head stuff. How do I tell if they are 360 rockers? Is there a difference? I just noticed that all of the pictures I see of v8 rockers look different. I got a v8 rocker from autozone to compare and they were definately different...But judging on my autozone experiences it is probably not even an amc part. So how would I tell? Also, is there a difference between the exhaust and intake rockers on these engines? This is my first one so I don't know. Please help. ahah.

thanks

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    if it has pre 73 heads it will have studs and rockers with balls and nuts.the latter rockers were bridge rockers with either a aluminum bridge or steel 3 peice bridges with bolts holding them down.
    what do your rockers look like .any pics?

I dont have any way to take pics. They are 79 heads with the bridge/rockers/2pieces that bolt down inside the rocker. I figured out that I need different rockers. Are there any differences between exhaust and intake? some companies sell ehaust/intake and some sell the same one for both.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    No difference between intake & exhaust. The bridges are the same for the 6 and 8, not sure about the rockers. The OEM rocker bridges were 1 solid piece of cast aluminum. The aftermarket replacement bridges have the aluminum pivots with a stamped metal bridge (probably cheaper/easier to make).

MC sells the bridges and rockers here, go up to the top and click on the E-store, or try this link:

http://www.bulltear.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_35

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Sled rockers are the same between 6's and 8's.
    Larry