Thread: Radiator protection

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

Radiator protection

Has anybody put any kind of protection on the inside of their radiators to keep their fan from eating it. Just had my fan get pulled into my radiator while muddin and was thinking of putting some expanded metal over the new one to keep it from happening again. Think this would cause any problems?

fan

As long as it clears you should be fine. I put expanded metal just behind the grill in front of the fan and it hasnt caused any overheating problems. Did your fan hit the rad because of deep water or because it was to close to the rad and the jeep flexed?
    84 CJ 7 304, Arb rear, 35 BFG,s with a 2 1/2 spring lift only and to many other mods to list, plus a offroad trailer also on 35 BFG,s

Deep water and I was using a flex fan put on by a past owner

fan

Fans turn into propellors under water, maybe switch to an old style solid fan or an electric fan, that way you could shut it off in deep water.
    84 CJ 7 304, Arb rear, 35 BFG,s with a 2 1/2 spring lift only and to many other mods to list, plus a offroad trailer also on 35 BFG,s

Im planning on the Taurus fan swap but am having some trouble finding a 75 amp relay to run it with. They supposedly draw 35 continuous and up to 100 on startup. Anyone running this setup who can tell me what to use and where to get it?