Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: head gaskets

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    GO to COMPCAMS website and they have a detailed instruction on the "How to".... (You can print it off). This might vary a little bit between manufacturers but the only thing that basically changes is the amount of turn(s)... I have Harland Sharp 1.7:1 Roller Rockers on my 360 and it sounds like a Singer Sewing Maching at idle....

Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    GO to COMPCAMS website and they have a detailed instruction on the "How to".... (You can print it off). This might vary a little bit between manufacturers but the only thing that basically changes is the amount of turn(s)... I have Harland Sharp 1.7:1 Roller Rockers on my 360 and it sounds like a Singer Sewing Maching at idle....
    i also have harland sharp, but since the intake is on i can't lift up on the pushrods. i know when the intake starts to go up you adjust the exsaust and vise versa, any pointers. thanks mikey
    doing a frame off, 401/727t/f art carr manule valve body,fiberglass body,4.5 R.E lift, 456 gears locked f/r, 35" crawlers. UPS is helping build it

Quote Originally Posted by 82Waggy
    By removing the valve covers.
    Basic and simple... and watch the rockers as you turn the motor.

thats funny take the valve covers off. i adjusted them before put intake on, to harland sharp specs. maybe i should of said, if i had to adjust them after i fired her up. the specs, where lift up and down on the pushrod with one hand and take out the up and down movement by tighenting the nut. once the movement is gone, turn the nut one more 1/2 turn then lock the allen nut. just wondering if thats it, if someone has installed harland sharp rockers. thanks mikey
    doing a frame off, 401/727t/f art carr manule valve body,fiberglass body,4.5 R.E lift, 456 gears locked f/r, 35" crawlers. UPS is helping build it

That's basically it.... If some are louder than others you can turn it a little more... Do small turns.... better safe than sorry. My buddy does his while the engine is running.... MESSY!!! But it does the Job...

Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    That's basically it.... If some are louder than others you can turn it a little more... Do small turns.... better safe than sorry. My buddy does his while the engine is running.... MESSY!!! But it does the Job...
    There are neet little tools that you can buy that stop this problem. Well most of it at least. They are little metal clips with plastic in the middle and you clip these to the rockers and they keep the oil from spraying. It still comes out but it doesn't spurt everywhere.
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps