Thread: emergency brake parts

emergency brake parts

I need the emergency brake lever and that emergency brake cross bar for a 9" CJ rear axle. This is on an AMC20. Both sides. Anyone know where I can get them. Most of the kits don't include them and the guy that originally owned the jeep, rebuilt the brakes and threw those parts away.

Thanks
    Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently tallented fool!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    The CJ E-brake is a pedal on the left kick panel like old cars, not a lever on the floor between the seats. Check ebay, the pedal from a CJ or YJ from 76-95 will fit.

You might check www.omix-ada.com for the rest of the parts, MC here is a distributor for them. The bar that hooks the single cable from the pedal to the 2 cables from the drums is called an equalizer.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

I am talking about the lever that attaches to the rear brake shoe and the emergency brake cable. Then the cross brace that goes from the lever to the front shoe. This is in the rear drum.

Bulltear forum member Swabie
    I bought them long time ago (EIS). Dont have the numbers anymore. Check the size of your drums, some parts dont interchange between the big and the small drums

Yeah I already found that out. I have a parts jeep and the drums are a different size. I already have new breaks and hardware in the other. I was hoping to find someone with a parts jeep that I could pay a couple of bucks for the four parts I need. I will try EIS