Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
fufel gauge

Thread: fufel gauge

fufel gauge

Hello fellow jeepers, I got a problem with the fuel gauge on my 73 cj5, it does not work and I need a need gauge and I have lost all of my paperwork and I dont know what the OHMS readings are to be so that I can go out and buy a new fuel gauge. Is there a way to tell with out pulling the sending unit out and take the readings. Thanks for your help in this matter.
    73CJ5,AMC360w/stainless valves, ported and polished,Offhauser Aluim Dualport Intake w/850 edelbrock Carb,10 to 1 Pistons and much more

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Wasnt their only 2 possibilities? I would check grounds and power before I threw that dart. Good luck
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

jeeps I have checked all of that, and I have good ground and power. For along time the gauge would give me false readings and now it does nothing..
    73CJ5,AMC360w/stainless valves, ported and polished,Offhauser Aluim Dualport Intake w/850 edelbrock Carb,10 to 1 Pistons and much more

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    If your sure the sending unit is good, guages are cheap. If the sending unit is in question, take a multimeter on the OHMS setting and check to see it really does chage as you put fuel in or take it out. I'd have to look at the min-max readings but it's not much, 30-80 ohms I think (don't quote me, that's what I remember from working a YJ gas tank issue) and my memory is failing- especally after a couple tall Jack Daniels
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

fuel gauge

tufcj Thanks a million, that link gave me exactly what I needed and I will go over to Summit Racing and get my new fuel gauge tomorrow.. Again thanks a million